With the 2020 presidential election on the horizon, and new challenges stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, the right to vote is under attack. If you care about our democracy, now is the time to act. Fill out the form below to urge your members of Congress to include the following in the next CARE legislation:
- At least $4 billion in additional funding to ensure every state can enable a free, fair, and safe election through:
- Expanded voter registration
- In-person early voting
- No-excuse absentee voting by mail
- Voter education
- Safe in-person voting on Election Day
- Ensure additional funds are used to help recruit and pay for a surge of poll workers who will be desperately needed due to the increased risk that COVID-19 poses to the elderly population that disproportionately serves in these roles.